Nowadays science and technology have a great role in the development of countries. This needs wisdom and understanding that are attained through knowledge. This knowledge is obtained just by developing science, disseminating information, improving the culture of the society and pushing the borders of science to the limit. The most significant role of the universities throughout the world is developing and advancing societies.
With this approach, Islamic Azad University, which is one of the valuable offsprings of the Islamic Revolution, was established due to the foresights and tact of some authorities and the precious assistance of Late Imam Khomeini. Considering the statements of the Supreme Leader, Islamic Republic of Iran must play a pivotal role in the region and the world and this will not be accomplished without universities. It is clear that universities will have a key role in developing technology in the country.
In this regard Islamic Azad University, Shahrekord Branch is doing its best to train committed and specialized human workforce and use the available opportunities. Compared to other universities, this university is a young and developing one in the country. Fortunately it has established its valuable position as a pioneer scientific organization in modern sciences and technologies, and it is also admired as a center that strives to make the Iranian generations’ dream come true. The main purpose of this university is providing a dynamic and scientific environment for those who discover the realities of scientific facts and try to reveal it to others.
Introducing the University
Islamic Azad University, Shahrekord Branch was established in 1988 with the aim of training professionals needed for high scientific positions. This university boasts of 28 years of service educating ??? university students in 116 different majors in B.A., M.A., Ph.D. programs. It has been able to train ??? graduates including ?? Ph.D. and ??? M.A. graduates. The total number of the full-time, part-time and adjunct professors in this university is above 530. With over 28 years of service, this university is now one of the most prominent centers in the province and one of the most distinguished ones in higher education in the country, and with its precise and professional management in a 20-year strategic framework in different research, scientific, cultural and educational fields. This university was appointed as a comprehensive university with the total score of ???.
Infrastructures and Facilities of the University
– A campus of 1070000 square meters
– The total construction area of 99372 square meters
– The total administrative and educational area of 3650 square meters
– The total under-construction area of ?? square meters
– The total green space of 142500 square meters
– The total gardening and agricultural area of 20000 square meters
– The ratio of 1 student to ?? square meters of educational space (the standard ratio is 1-12 square meters)
– 15 sports complexes with the total area of 6962 square meters in the following fields: Body building – Karate – Gymnastics – Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling – Futsal – Basketball – Volleyball – Ping pong – Chess – Handball – Badminton – Fitness program – Judo – Taekwondo.
– 3 dormitories for male and female students (1 and 2, respectively) with the total area of 13545 square meters
– A mosques with the total area of 1376 square meters
– ?? meeting and conference halls seating ?? people
– 7 faculties with the total area of 32062 square meters
– The academic library with more than 6370 meters
– 116 university majors in B.S., MSc., Ph.D. programs (21 majors in Ph.D., 45 majors in MSc., 50 majors BS.)
– ?? alumni in B.A., M.A., Ph.D. programs.
– ?? full-time, part-time and paid scientific board members
– ?? active educational faculties